Playing with clay will always make your children happy and you, on the other hand, will have a satisfaction that your child spends his/her leisure time intellectually by playing with the clay. Playing with clay will also exhibit your child’s creative thinking and helps to improve it. While clay plays an important role, you have to make sure that you get the best clay for kids. The following are some of the general points to consider when buying the best clay.
- Price: Clays are available at a variety of prices. So, you must pay attention to choose the best clay for kids that are affordable and safe at the same time.
- Access: Not all the clay is available everywhere. This contradicts some of the most reputed clay producers but the truth is they are not available everywhere. If you want to purchase a particular clay type that is not available at your place, then you must spend quite an amount on their shipping charges too. So choose the right product that is easily available.
- Strength: One of the major points to note is the strength of the clay. You must get the clay that won’t crack or fall apart easily when it dries. When the clay does not have strength, we cannot expect the desired result from it.
- Texture: Another most important factor to consider is the texture of the clay. Some clay is available as grainy where some are silky smooth. Thus, spend some time in selecting the one that goes easy on your child’s hands.
- Stickiness: Clay sticking on your kids’ hands while playing or after playing with clay might cause issues. Thus, you have to pay attention to choose the best clay that is free from stickiness.
- Paint-ability: Kids don’t stop by just making their desired shape with clay, they would also love to art color them. Choosing the clay that is good to paint will be an added advantage for those clay-loving kids.
Benefits of playing with clay
“WhAt are the benefits of playing with clay?” If you’re one among them who has this question running in mind, this section would help.
- Playing with clay will help in developing coordination greatly.
- The child learns to appreciate the similarities and differences between individuals by comparing his/her achievements to those of others.
- Your child collaborates and cooperates with other children, by sharing material, creating joint projects, pooling results. They also request and accept help, offer to help others.
- The child shows interest in written language, say, for example, reads a book with pictures of clay murals, or books on subjects related to his/her model.
- The child identifies with his/her social and cultural environment by shares experiences with others, and by talking about his/her background.
Performing art colors while playing with clay will help your kid to grow intellectually by having fun on the other side. Thus, while choosing the best clay for your kid, remember to consider their needs and safety to make their play-time useful.