Banking jobs are considered to be highly lucrative and much revered by today’s youngsters. They not only provide them a chance to participate in the country’s financial system but also learn and interact with other segments. India’s banking segment offers a variety of jobs at various levels with good growth potential. The desire to be part of the country’s financial backbone makes many students look to get a certificate in banking and finance or go for a PG diploma in banking and finance.
Why Go for a Banking Course?
Banking is no longer confined to lending and depositing funds. Banks act as financial intermediaries offering a plethora of new services and products for businesses as well as individuals. New offerings like investment banking, merchant banking, investment options, insurance products, and many more form part of a bank’s regular business. This expansion of the banking segment’s activities has created excellent job opportunities for youngsters. But an essential requirement is some basic knowledge about the banking and the finance segment. Many reputed institutes have tied up with established banks to offer a banking course with placement.
The growing awareness among people about banking and its benefits has also boosted the demand for banks and their services. Consequently, the banks have been expanding their branch network all across the country to offer personalized services to the public. This has again created a huge demand for personnel who can handle the varied operations of a bank and serve the requirements of the growing customer base. Some major advantages of doing a banking course after graduation are:
- Enhance Your Qualifications: Doing a banking and finance course will not only enhance your knowledge about the industry but make you suitable for jobs in this field. A certificate in banking and finance can help you get more clarity about the functioning of the banking industry.
- Job Opportunity: Reputed institutes not only educate students about banking and finance but also provide them a chance to learn in the real work environment. Tie-ups with established banks for the placements of their students make these courses highly lucrative. The chance to work with an established bank provides a fillip to a student’s career.
- Opportunity to Manage Your Finances: Getting a job immediately after graduation and a diploma course provides students an opportunity to become financially independent.
- Comprehensive Knowledge: The course content of these courses is designed to provide students a comprehensive knowledge about the industry and its functioning. When a student opts for a banking and finance course he not only gets a chance to learn in the classroom but also gets a chance to learn while working through internships and training.
- Offers Exposure: Since a bank has to interact with all types of industries, its employees get a chance to learn about the working of varied companies and segments. While working in a bank, an employee has to interact with diverse people who can teach valuable life lessons.
India’s banking segment is one of the biggest employers offering jobs in conventional fields like marketing, sales, human resources, financial analysis, client servicing, insurance besides new opportunities in the area of investment banking and advisory fields. Although one can apply for a job in a bank after graduation, a certificate or diploma in banking and finance can provide an additional advantage.